Saturday 14 July 2012

Weight Watchers product review

I have tried lots of Weight Watchers products and have been satisfied with all, some make great replacements for high calorie treats some not so much but are still great products. Below are my reviews of a few and will publish more as and when I try them.


Thick sliced wholemeal loaf

Thick Sliced Wholemeal Loaf

This is my favourite bread out of them all! Its very versatile, great for toasting, making sandwiches with and dunking in soup! If your not keen on wholemeal there is a white version for the same pro points per slice but I am yet to find this anywhere I shop. OtherWeight Watchers breads can be a bit flimsy and less versatile so this is the one I buy the most and I prefer.

White danish loaf

White Danish Loaf

In all honesty I do not rate this bread. It is very flimsy, does not toast well and does not make good sandwiches. This is what I purchase if thick is unavailable, it is lower in pro points but I would prefer to use more pro points on the thicker as it is more substantial. I was not very full after this, it went very crispy when I toast and broke into many pieces when buttered - not a big fan!

Bagels

Original Bagels
I find these so addictive! They are so lovely, taste no different to your average bagel and only 4 propoints! I highly recommend these, they are gorgeous with butter on for breakfast and make a lovely sandwich too if you are wanting something a bit different.

Premium pork sausages

Premium Pork Sausages

For low fat sausages I find these very enjoyable. I have heard comments about them being dry and tasteless but I did not find this true. I have had them as part of a cooked breakfast and with mash and gravy and find them lovely! They are very well seasoned and a firm favourite for 1 pro point per sausage - not bad for a sausage!

Chicken fajita wrap

Chicken Fajita Wrap

I love, love, love this wrap! Full of soured cream and chicken very authentic Mexican taste. I have had these several times for lunch and love them every time. I do not think 7 pro points is bad for lunch and I was satisfied as part of my lunch along with fruit and a yogurt. They are not too spicy but do have the Mexican kick!

Southern fried chicken wrap

Southern Style Chicken Wrap

This wrap is very nice also. I do prefer the fajita but this has crispy southern fried chicken and lovely BBQ sauce, my only criticism would be more BBQ sauce as it was very thin on the ground and did not get much of a taste of it.

Ham and soft cheese sandwich

Ham and Soft Cheese Sandwich

This sandwich was tasty, made a change for it to be on flat bread rather than normal bread but it was not very satisfying. I enjoyed it and the tastes were good but it was not a very filling meal and I was very hungry after this, not worth 7 pro points in my opinion.

Chicken tikka

Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice

This is part of the chilled meals range, I was not expecting much from a microwave curry but I was pleasantly surprised! It was very nice, authentic curry flavours and something I would definitely try again, a bit high on pro points but not bad as an evening meal.

Reduced fat cheese slices

Reduced Fat Mature Cheese Slices

I used these cheese slices as part of a ham, cheese and pickle wrap. They were very nice, just what you would expect from a cheese slice, they were not like plastic as some people may think. Not sure what they are like for melting as I have not tried this but will let you know when I do.

Thin & crisp hot & spicy pizza

Thin & Crispy Hot & Spicy Chicken Pizza (9in)

I had this when my family had take away pizza and I did not feel left out. The pizza is a decent size, it is not like cardboard as people may think, it was divine. If people need a pizza fix this is the way to go. 12 pro points is not bad compared to what a take away pizza would be. I would have this again and would like to try the BBQ chicken pizza but have yet to see this in store.

Ice cream wave

Ice Cream Wave
I loved this item. Based on a vienetta, it is a great substitute. Plenty of chocolate, very creamy and a decent size for 3 pro points. I will definitely be having these again.

Sicilian lemonade

Sicilian Lemonade (2 litre)

I love this. Still lemonade, lots of lemon taste and 0 pro points - cannot go wrong. I found this very refreshing on a hot afternoon, rare in England I know. If your wanting a still soft drink I would recommend this.

Hot chocolate with real chocolate sachet

Hot Chocolate Drink with real chocolate (Sachet)

I am a big fan of the options hot chocolates but this was lovely. Much more creamier and more of a real chocolate taste compared to options. As it says in the name made with real chocolate and it really satisfies your chocolate craving for only 1 pro point. I have tried the mint flavour too which is just as nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment