This recipe is full of fresh ingredients, the main ingredient is turkey which is very lean and cheap and lots of low cost vegetables. I found it very satisfying and filling and look forward to trying again.
Serves 2, 12pp per person on Weight Watchers or syn free on Slimming World.
400g Turkey mince (14pp)
500g baking potatoes (10pp)
1 packet of mushroom
1 red pepper
1 tub of passata
Salt and pepper
1. Chop up the red pepper finely, add half to the turkey mince and half into a large pan.
2. Mix the turkey mince, mixed herbs, salt and pepper and red pepper until well mixed, shape into 14 balls then set aside.
3. Sliced the mushrooms and chop the onion finely and add to the pan with the red pepper.
4. Cube the potatoes and mix with the mix herbs, fry light, garlic and salt and pepper - I cooked mine in the actifry for 15 minutes but they can be cooked in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. Start the potatoes cooking, the vegetables and start to fry the meatballs in a frying pan with fry light.
6. When the vegetables have softened add the tub of passata.
7. Fry the meatballs 10-15 minutes until browned then added to the pan of sauce.
8. Cook the meatballs in the sauce for 10 minutes, the sauce with thicken and reduce.
9. Serve immediately with the potatoes.