Saturday 31 December 2011

New Years Resolutions



I thought it was an appropriate time to discuss New Years resolutions. Everyone is guilty of making them at least one year in their life, how many of us actually keep them? I think the most common reason for this is unrealistic goals.

Most resolutions revolve around health & fitness;
- to lose weight
- to join the gym
- to give up bad foods

Many of us set unrealistic goals, I think the key is to set goals you can achieve.
For example - instead of saying to go to the gym 4 times a week, why not say once a week at least, then if you do more its an added bonus.

If your planning on eating healthier and cutting out bad food completely, why not make the goal to eat healthier and reduce your bad food intake rather than completely cutting it out. Fat & sugar are vital for a balanced diet so it is best not to cut them out completely for the balanced part and also so you do not deprive yourself.

The main point is - do not make unachievable goals, or your setting your self up to fail.


1 comment:

  1. That's a really good way of thinking about things, I was going to try to cut out crisps but I know I can have them counting syns and still lose weight. So thinking of that I am going to allow myself a one pack a week treat :) xx

    ReplyDelete